Sunday, October 20, 2013

Farewell to Labuco Baptist Church

 
The church that I grew up in had its last service back in the spring. Our longtime friend Brent Tuggle preached the last sermon. It was a sad day, but full of wonderful memories and fun to share a piece of my past with the kids. 


the fellowship hall

kitchen

sunday school rooms

bulletin board in our sunday school classroom

the kids pretending to shovel coal into the old furnace


seeing my handwriting on the board makes it seem like so long ago

stairwell from upstairs down to the basement...I can vividly remember thinking when I was very small that the ladder on the wall led to heaven!

writing on the wall of our beloved friend Roscoe Minor of when he built the last fire in the coal furnace


this is my first visual of Jesus

also the stage of my Christmas plays as a child...always the angel!..."fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be unto all people! For unto you Is born this day in the city of David a savior, which is Christ the Lord!"


worn floors from many years of pacing preachers



 
Was really surprised to find it almost  just as I had left it.  Not the pristine gleaming chapel that some may have grown up with...but perhaps much better.  For the message, the friendships, and the memories were all that ever really mattered! And to steal a facebook quote from the Minor girls... it was "the church that built us".
 

No comments: